Can I sue if I am not a citizen or I am an undocumented worker? What happens if I was paid off the books?

Citizenship or legal status is of no importance in bringing a lawsuit. Anyone and everyone can bring a lawsuit if they are hurt on the job. You can even bring a lawsuit if you are paid off the books. Being off the books may affect how much money you ...

Continue Reading

How are construction injury lawyers compensated?

Generally, lawyers representing injured construction workers operate on a contingency fee basis. This means that the client is not billed by the hour and only pays a legal fee if the lawyer obtains a recovery

Continue Reading

What qualifications should an injured person look for in a lawyer to represent them in a construction site injury?

The most important qualification is experience. An experienced lawyer’s knowledge and wisdom from other cases can always make a big impact in the results of a case. Integrity, trust and concern are also qualities that clients need from their injury...

Continue Reading

What about Workers’ Compensation?

Workers’ Compensation is provided through the employer’s insurance company, allowing for immediate coverage of medical and hospital expenses. Workers’ compensation money received by the injured worker must be paid back to the insurance company ...

Continue Reading

What are the damages that a construction worker can sue for under the New York State law?

The damages include loss of earnings, medical expenses, rehabilitative expenses, compensation for the pain inflicted, compensation for permanent disability, and more.

Continue Reading

How do the New York State Labor Laws regarding construction sites promote worker safety?

Without the Scaffold Law, more building owners and contractors in the highly competitive construction industry would cut corners on safety. The owner who signs the construction contract and makes the payment can and should insist on full compliance w...

Continue Reading


Silberstein, Awad & Miklos, P.C.

Silberstein, Awad & Miklos, P.C.
Our Locations

Garden City

600 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530
(516) 832-7777
Get Directions


300 Vanderbilt Motor Pkwy
Suite 200
Hauppauge, NY 11788
(631) 390-0001
Get Directions

New York

140 Broadway
46th flr
New York, NY 10005
(212) 233-6600
Get Directions


1200 Waters Place
Bronx, NY 10461
(718) 204-8000
Get Directions


16 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11241
(1-877) 275-4726
Get Directions


89-00 Sutphin Blvd
Jamaica, NY 11435
(1-877) 275-4726
Get Directions